Torch Pro S is a smooth surfaced Atactic Polypropylene (APP) modified bitumen roofing membrane specially designed for heat welded applications. Constructed with APP resins, and incorporating a tough polyester reinforcement, Torch Pro S is a durable roof product that is easy to install and provides long-term weathering performance. Torch Pro S membrane can also used as flashing membrane in all applicable specifications, in accordance with recommended installation practices. Torch Pro S has a smooth film surface and polyolefin backing and has good elongation properties, puncture resistance and flexibility.
Torch Pro S is intended to be used as a base or interply membrane in new or re-roof applications. Torch Pro S may be applied directly to non-combustible substrates. Torch Pro S requires the installation of a compatible granulated cap sheet or other approved surfacing to complete the roofing system. Always comply with applicable building code requirements.
- Apply over clean, dry, dust and debris-free substrates. Prime concrete decks prior to application with an asphalt primer.
- When re-roofing, remove all prior roofing materials down to a clean debris-free substrate and properly close-off all abandoned roof penetrations.
- Concrete or steel decks shall be designed with proper expansion devices.
- Wood decks shall have all joints blocked or properly supported and covered with appropriate base membrane.
- Ensure the fire rating of the assembly over any substrate.
- Ensure the installation of Torch Pro S does not prevent the ventilation of existing construction.
- Do not apply over shingles or any granulated surface.
- While installing Torch Pro S:
- Start at the low point of the roof.
- Unroll the material and allow to relax.
- Install with traditional torch roofing techniques ensuring proper heating of the roofing material as not to expose the reinforcement.
- Do not heat the substrate.
- Position successive rolls providing a minimum 6″ end lap and 3″ side lap. Asphalt bleed out shall be 1⁄4″ to 3⁄8″ on all seams.
- 6. Laps shall be rolled with a 6″-wide roller immediately after heat welding.
- Details and flashing may be installed using Torch Pro S with torch applied techniques. Do not use cold adhesives or hot asphalt. Check project details for proper installation requirements.
- Use of open flame devices can cause an increased fire risk. Always have appropriate fire suppression devices handy when working with open flame. Always follow local building codes. Polyglass recommends a 2 hour fire watch when using open flame.