Torch Pro G is a granular surfaced Atactic Polypropylene (APP) modified bitumen roofing membrane specially designed for heat welded applications. Constructed with APP resins, and incorporating a tough polyester reinforcement, Torch Pro G is a durable roof product that is easy to install and provides long-term weathering performance. Torch Pro G membrane can also used as flashing membrane in all applicable specifications, in accordance with recommended installation practices. Torch Pro G has a granulated surface and a polyolefin backing, and has good elongation properties, puncture resistance and flexibility.
Torch Pro G is intended to be used as the primary weathering surface in new or re-roof applications. Torch Pro G is to be applied as the outermost layer of a multi-ply roof system over a compatible base or interply sheet. Torch Pro G may be applied directly to non-combustible substrates. Always comply with applicable building code requirements.
Apply over clean, dry, dust and debris-free substrates. Prime concrete decks prior to application with an asphalt primer.
- When re-roofing, remove all prior roofing materials down to a clean debris-free substrate and properly close-off all abandoned roof penetrations.
- Concrete or steel decks shall be designed with proper expansion devices.
- Wood decks shall have all joints blocked or properly supported and covered with appropriate base membrane.
- Ensure the fire rating of the assembly over any substrate.
- Ensure the installation of Torch Pro G does not prevent the ventilation of existing construction.
- Do not apply over shingles or any granulated surface.
- While installing Torch Pro G:
- Start at the low point of the roof.
- Unroll the material and allow to relax.
- Install with traditional torch roofing techniques ensuring proper heating of the roofing material as not to expose the reinforcement.
- Do not heat the substrate.
- Position successive rolls providing a minimum 6″ end lap and 3″ side lap. Asphalt bleed out shall be 1⁄4″ to 3⁄8″ on all seams.
- Laps shall be rolled with a 6″-wide roller immediately after heat welding.
- Details and flashing may be installed using Torch Pro G with torch applied techniques. Do not use cold adhesives or hot asphalt. Check project details for proper installation requirements.
- Use of open flame devices can cause an increased fire risk. Always have appropriate fire suppression devices handy when working with open flame. Always follow local building codes. Polyglass recommends a 2 hour fire watch when using open flame.