SA Base Pro roof membrane is a self-adhered, fiberglass-reinforced base sheet. Manufactured using a Styrene-Butadiene-Styrene (SBS) modified asphalt compound on the top layer and an aggressive self-adhesive compound on the bottom layer, SA Base Pro roof membrane is built to ensure excellent dimensional stability. S
A Base Pro roof membrane uses a split release film on the bottom surface for easy installation
SA Base Pro is intended to be used as a base sheet or interply for new or re-roof applications when applied to acceptable insulations and/or coverboards for commercial and residential structures. SA Base Pro may also be applied directly to approved wood deck substrates of non-occupied spaces such as carports, sheds, canopies, etc.
- Apply only when the weather and forecast is dry and the ambient air temperature and substrate is 40°F (5°C) and rising.
- Apply over clean, dry, dust and debris free substrates. Prime concrete decks prior to application with an asphalt primer.
- When re-roofing, remove all prior roofing materials down to a clean debris free substrate and properly close off all abandoned roof penetrations.
- Concrete or steel decks shall be designed with proper expansion devices.
- Wood decks shall be properly supported by the structural framing.
- Ensure the installation of SA Base Pro does not prevent the ventilation of existing construction
- Do not apply directly to shingles or other granulated surface roof systems.
- While installing SA Base Pro:
- Start at the low point of the roof.
- Unroll the material and allow to relax.
- Start by removing the first 18–24″ of release film.
- Press the membrane into place with firm and even pressure. Roll the edges with a silicone hand roller to ensure complete adhesion.
- Gradually remove the remaining release film applying pressure from the center to the edges as you go.
- Position successive rolls providing a minimum 6″ end lap and 4″ side lap. Laps can be sealed for additional water tightness with a hot air welder.
- Roll with an 80# split-face linoleum roller. Take care on sloped roofs by securing the roller and applicator with the appropriate safety equipment.
- Details and flashing may be installed using SA Base Pro with a hot air welder or with a Roof Cement. Check project details for proper installation requirements.