Hydraguard ReflectCap membrane is a premium self-adhered roofing product manufactured with a proprietary adhesive compound technology. This roofing product is constructed with a smooth, highly reflective surface and an aggressive self-adhesive protected with a split release film.
The surface of ReflectCap is a bright white acrylic elastomeric, tri-laminate aluminum reinforced membrane that performs to Energy Star standards for reflectivity
Hydraguard ReflectCap is intended to be used as a cap sheet for new ore re-roof applications. ReflectCap may be applied directly to the substrate of non-occupied spaces such as carports, sheds, canopies, etc.
- Apply only when the weather and forecast is dry and the ambient air temperature and substrate is 40°F (5°C) and rising.
- Apply over clean, dry, dust and debris free substrates. Prime concrete decks prior to application with an approved primer.
- When re-roofing, remove all prior roofing materials down to a clean debris free substrate and properly close off all abandoned roof penetrations.
- Concrete or steel decks shall be designed with proper expansion devices.
- Wood decks shall have all joints blocked and properly supported.
- Ensure the installation of ReflectCap does not prevent the ventilation of existing construction
- Do not apply over shingles or other granulated surface.
- While installing ReflectCap:
- Start at the low point of the roof.
- Unroll the material and allow to relax in the sun for at least 15 minutes.
- Start by removing the first 18–24″ of release film.
- Press the membrane into place with firm and even pressure. Roll the edges with a silicone hand roller to ensure complete adhesion.
- Gradually remove the remaining release film applying pressure from the center to the edges as you go.
- Position successive rolls providing a minimum 6″ end lap and 4″ side lap. Laps can be sealed for additional water tightness with a hot air welder.
- All T-joints, endlaps or other laps where SA compounded is adhered to film must be properly sealed to a watertight condition using a hot air welder.
- After installation of the entire roof surface, roll with an 80# split-face linoleum roller. Take care on sloped roofs by securing the roller and applicator with the appropriate safety equipment.
- Details and flashing may be installed using ReflectCap with a hot air welder. Refer to project details for proper installation.