HydraProof 3000 is a self-adhered membrane consisting of a rubberized asphalt with a cross-laminated Polyethylene film. The combination of the SA layer and Polyethylene film provide a durable, high-performance waterproof membrane. HydraProof 3000 is suitable for installation to a variety of substrates and conditions. The product, ambient and substrate temperatures should be a minimum of 40°F and rising at time of installation. HydryaProof 3000, though primarily intended for residential applications, it can be suitable for selected light commercial or even some industrial applications
- HydraProof 3000 may be installed at either horizontal or vertical applications as applicable to the project conditions.
- Install membrane starting at lowest point to the highest point. Water drainage should drain over or parallel to all laps. Stagger all end laps by a minimum of 3 feet and off-set side laps a minimum of 18 inches.
- Unroll the membrane and allow to relax a minimum of 15 minutes. But into usage size and/or lengths for the project conditions and level of skill.
- Pressure Sensitive: Arrange material in a straight and uniform manner. After setting material, remove release film and roll the material using an 80lb split-face metal roller to ensure bond to underlying surface. Roll entire surface of the membrane, hand roll small areas and vertical surfaces.
- Temperature Sensitive: Ensure product, surface and ambient temperatures are all 40°F and rising prior to installation.
- Apply a bead of SBS mastic at all transitions in substrates, at penetrations and laps at surface transitions.
- Use appropriate drainage mats for applications subject to any level of hydrostatic pressure. Use of protection boards of other protective insulations where contact with backfill or soil is anticipated. Protect membrane from damage or direct contact with any backfill. Backfill should be executed in lifts or stages of a maximum of 24 inches to ensure proper compaction. Ensure base of foundation walls have proper drainage designed to limit hydrostatic pressure. A termination bar and proper fasteners should be used at top termination of vertical membrane sheets and should then be sealed.
- Membrane Repairs: Any membrane repairs will be executed with HydraProof 3000. Membrane patch shall be a minimum of 4 inches wider than the hole of damaged area. Any fishmouths or wrinkling should be cut out and repaired. Ensure surface is clean of all contaminates, apply patch and seal perimeter with an appropriate SBS mastic.
Suitable Substrates and Surface Preparation
Preparation: Do not apply HydraProof 3000 to Frozen, wet or visibly damp surfaces. The installed membrane should be protected from direct sunlight/UV exposure after installation, as darkening and degradation of the film surface will result. All substrates to be clean, dry, free of voids, protrusions or surface irregularities. Remove any surface contaminates such as grease, oils, wax of curing agents from substrate to which product is to bond to. Exercise caution to ensure no dust, dirt, debris or loose stone is under the membrane.
Priming: Priming is recommended for all surfaces including but not limited to; concrete, other masonry based materials and sheathing boards, metal, certain rigid insulations, wood sheathing such as plywood, OSB. Prime using Polyglass PG100 another approved primer. Adhesion test to any surface should be considered by installer. Primer should dry to the touch and primed surface should be covered within the same work day or surfaces should be re-primed. Rate for primer application will vary depending upon the surface type porosity of the substrate